Digital Marketing: the possibilities of Inbound Marketing
Offline and online public relations (PR) are a fundamental part for consolidating the relationship between the organization and its different audiences; through communication and information regarding objectives and goals set by the company. Therefore, the company promotes a favorable climate of trust and a sense of belonging of its consumers towards the company; brand or product.
To achieve this link and communication, public relations are based on the connection with the target media; as well as relevant information content, which, to make it happen, has to develop a series of traditional communication strategies.
Inbound Marketing Strategies
These strategies include the analysis of the company, its brands and products, offer, business objectives, sale, as well as its audience, public target and appropriate selection of media, to help us expand the message, however, this is no longer enough.
Public relations must not only focus on publicizing the products and/or services of a brand; as well as generating a good reputation, but also on helping to attract new users who become potential customers and close a purchase; as dictated by the Inbound marketing methodology.
This marketing methodology is a strategy; which is based on attracting customers with useful content, relevant and adding value at each stage of the buyer’s journey. Where potential customers find the company through different channels such as blogs, search engines and social networks; it’s a more effective way to attract, engage and please customers.
Inbound marketing methodology
The Inbound marketing methodology is based on attracting, converting, closing and delighting; being the same phases in which public relations must be based to generate communication strategies. This will support the sales process, which implements the area of digital marketing.
How can you involve these phases in PR strategies? According to a Smartup analysis, so it can be applied:
– Each time we are going to launch a new service or product; we must first support ourselves in a digital listening to know where the brand or company is positioned, where the users are or what they say about the industry and the media.
– Once the Insights have been identified; we must develop the communication messages designed to impact the different buyers who have the brand in order to make the novelties known.
– Having these points under control, what are the tactics we should use in our strategy to attract and publicize? the ones we know: Approach with key media; where we know that the buyer is person, relevant and empathic content, press releases, articles of color, interviews, include keywords and links to the texts to help with SEO strategies; as well as disseminate the contents of the blog itself for organic positioning, and so on.
– You should not forget that the media are also part of a person buyer; so we must develop content designed for them, to help them to understanding our brand and to be simple to replicate them.
– Once media diffusion has been achieved, and it has generated curiosity for people to visit the website; the next step is to turn them into sales opportunities. In public relations this would result in opportunities to participate in relevant industry issues and get you into the game, which will help to have a greater presence.
– Being in communication with the Inbound marketing department and digital listening; will help you identify what questions and concerns are being generated with the brand. This will strengthen your public relations actions to continue offering relevant content from each buyer person and continue with the communication and presence.
– Once a certain “maturity” of media presence has been created; where journalists and even readers already know more about the brand and feel identified with the product; PR strategies must be updated and analyze how the brand is going and the following tactics to be carried out.
– Here actions are triggered such as presence at key events, brand sponsorship; dissemination on online platforms that develop the marketing area; so everything that can help users who have been attracted by the brand or product are encouraged to acquire it.
– When brand recognition has already been achieved by the media; where they are already the ones looking for it to complement their research and even where the users themselves share information about it. PR strategies should focus more on producing quality, accurate, useful and targeted content to continue the delight.